Location: North-western Europe
Capital City: London
Population: 62.74 million
Government: Unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy
Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)
Main Language: English
Main Religions: Christianity, Islam, Hinduism
- The industrial revolution started in the UK in the 18th century making Britain the world’s first industrialised nation.
- The UK is the world’s sixth largest economy in terms of both nominal GDP and purchasing power parity
- British people drink 165 million cups of tea every day
- The United Kingdom, consisting of Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland ) and Northern Ireland , is twice the size of New York State.
- Tourism is the UK’s third highest export earner behind Chemicals and Financial Services, with inbound visitors spending more than £16bn each year and contributing more than £3bn to the Exchequer.