Academic Job Interviews: Top Tips for Success - Google+ Hangout on Air
jobs.ac.uk organised a live video Q&A on the subject of 'Academic Job Interviews: Top Tips for Success', you can watch the recording here.Transcript
You may like these videos
About this video
jobs.ac.uk organised a live video Q&A on the subject of ‘Academic Job Interviews: Top Tips for Success’. Our panel of experts answered questions from our audience covering;
- What to expect during an academic interview
- How to properly prepare including how to anticipate questions, what to do before the interview
- How to combat nerves
- Tips for Skype interviews
- Advice at different stages of your career including early career academics, after a career gap/break, mature candidates
- How best to present research profile and future research plans
- What key things your presentation should cover
Our Google+ Hangout on Air was hosted by Aimee Bateman, founder of Careercake.com. Aimee is a successful speaker, business ambassador and recognised employment expert.
The panel of experts were;
Sarah Blackford, Head of Education & Public Affairs at the Society for Experimental Biology and an academic careers specialist
Michelle Boardman, Senior Academic Manager at University of Derby Online Learning
Professor Paul Harper, Professor of Operational Research (OR) and Deputy Head of the School of Mathematics, Cardiff University
Nadine Holdsworth, Professor of Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Warwick and Head of the School of Theatre, Performance and Cultural Policy Studies.
Have you seen our other videos?
We have a range of videos to help you including mapping your skills to a job and how to predict interview questions...View our Careers Videos now