#jobsQ Live Video Hangout: 'Research Impact & Public Engagement for Career Success'
Research impact embraces all the diverse ways that excellent research benefits society, the economy and nations. But how can you ensure you are delivering world-class, innovative impact for the REF 2020?Transcript
You may like these videos
About this video
Research impact embraces all the diverse ways that excellent research benefits society, the economy and nations. But how can you ensure you are delivering world-class, innovative impact for the REF 2020?
Public Engagement isn't something new that researchers need to start doing. There is a huge amount of engagement activity already happening but even more than ever funders and policy makers expect it.
Research impact and public engagement should be core parts of every skilled PhD, academic and researcher’s portfolio to help improve communication skills, influencing techniques and attract funding and career opportunities. To help you with developing your portfolio, jobs.ac.uk is holding a FREE 60-minute live video event via a #jobsQ Google+ Hangout called ‘Research Impact & Public Engagement for Career Success.’
By attending this #jobsQ Hangout you will learn:
- How to develop an impactful research profile, learning from successful examples
- How to prepare for REF 2020 and what counts
- How to measure the impact of research using Altmetrics and Open Access
- How to identify and actively engage relevant stakeholders at appropriate stages
- What key questions you may get asked about impact and engagement at job interviews
- How impact and engagement can enrich your career pro
To see more information regarding the panelist please see our event page.
Have you seen our other videos?
We have a range of videos to help you including mapping your skills to a job and how to predict interview questions...View our Careers Videos now