At the University of Sunderland we are proud that we are an employer of choice and have been recognised in a variety of surveys and awards:
- In our most recent staff survey 93% of our staff were proud to work for the institution and 94% agreed that the University was a good place to work.
- We have been named as one of the best universities to work at in the UK, scoring highly in several categories of the Times Higher Education's 2014 THE Best University Workplace survey.
- In addition, the University is a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
- The University is recognised as an Investor in People and has successfully retained the Standard since 1996.
- The University has been awarded at Athena SWAN Bronze Award.
- The University has made commitments to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff and has therefore been awarded the disability "two ticks" symbol.
We are an innovative forward-thinking University with high standards of teaching, research and support that sits at the heart of one of the UK's most up and coming cities. We have strong links with industry and businesses and work closely with some of the world’s leading companies.
The University of Sunderland currently employs approximately 1,500 members of staff and offers life changing opportunities to approximately 18,000 students.
If you would like to work in a multi-faceted and dynamic organisation please take a look around this website and at the vacancies available.