JOB VACANCIES IN INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI BRUNEI
Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB) is an engineering and technology university in Brunei Darussalam that specialises in the areas of Engineering, Business and Technology.
Since its inception in 1986, Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB) has been contributing to the national human resource development by producing skilled HND graduates who hold now significant positions in public as well as private sectors. ITB’s ethos has always been based around effective instruction, hands-on approach and industry-based programmes. These guiding principles have helped ITB produce graduates who are highly valued by local employers and readily accepted by renowned universities for further studies.
ITB acquired university status in 2008 and all of its first two cohorts of graduates are either gainfully employed or are engaged in post-graduate studies. The University has spearheaded innovations in teaching, research and collaboration in multiple directions. With its vision to be among the best ten universities in Engineering and Technology in Southeast Asia by 2018, ITB has planned its development in multiple directions. It has achieved significant development in terms of expansion of academic programmes, establishment of strategic partnerships with industries and universities, embarking on the process of programmes accredited by professional bodies, and intensification of research activities.
ITB’s research endeavours are focused along three research thrusts: Oil and Gas, Green Technology and Water. The newly established Centre for Transport Research (CfTR) aims to focus on policy studies, transport modelling and intelligent transport systems, while the Centre for Innovative Engineering, aims to become a dynamic centre for multidisciplinary and innovative translational research.
In order to further enhance faculty standards, the university has recently introduced a new salary scheme.
ITB invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the positions of Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Senior Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the following areas of specialisations:
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATICS
- SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- CENTRE OF COMMUNICATION, TEACHING AND LEARNING
Minimum PhD qualification.
2. Assistant Professor
Minimum PhD qualification with at least 5 years’ experience in teaching and research at an institution of higher education.
3. Senior Assistant Professor
Minimum PhD qualification holding an equivalent post at an institution of higher education, with rising reputation and an excellent record of teaching, research and publication and faculty administration. Candidate should also has experience in the supervision of Master’s degree students.
4. Associate Professor
Minimum PhD qualification holding an equivalent post at an institution of higher education, well experienced with an excellent record of teaching, research and publication. Candidate should have held management position such as Faculty Dean/Deputy Dean. Candidate should also has experience in the supervision of Master’s degree students consistently.
Candidate should possess a wealth of experience with international reputation holding an equivalent post at an institution of higher education and meet the KPIs for teaching, research, publication and administration in higher education. Candidate should also has a reputation for Master’s degree and PhD supervision successfully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. The appointment will be on a permanent basis for citizens of Brunei Darussalam. For non-citizens, appointment will be by contract for a period of three years which is renewable subject to mutual agreement.
2. The base annual salary range is as follows:-
Lecturer : B$38,280 – B$50,880
Assistant Professor : B$46,560 – B$67,320
Senior Assistant Professor: B$70,800 – B$73,320
Associate Professor : B$81,600 – B$84,120
Professor : B$96,000 – B$216,000
3. The monthly academic allowance is as follows:-
Lecturer : B$200.00 per month
Assistant Professor : B$250.00 per month
Senior Assistant Professor: B$300.00 per month
Associate Professor : B$500.00 per month
Professor : B$800.00 - B$1,200.00 per month
4. (a). Bonus payment after each 12 months of satisfactory service: 1 month salary for Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor; ½ month salary for Senior Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor.
(b). Gratuity payment: 25% of last drawn monthly salary x 36 months at the end of the contract. Payable at the end of the contract. All allowances will not be included in the calculation of gratuity.
5. Other benefits:
- a. Subsidised Education allowance and children’s concession passage;
- b. Children’s concession passage up to 2 children who are paid education allowance under category of ‘student studying at boarding schools outside Brunei’;
- c. Subsidized housing [staff contribute B$130 per month];
- d. Free medical service at government hospitals and health centres for contract officer and accompanying spouse and children below the age of 18 years old subject to payment of a small registration fee for each visit. There will be charges for certain dental procedures. Medical treatment at overseas will be borne by contract officer;
- e. Interest-free car loan of B$15,000 for Senior Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and B$12,000 for Lecturer/Assistant Professor to be paid within the contract period;
- f. Annual leave of 48 days for contract officers; 42 days for citizens;
- g. Passages for incoming, mid-term, and homeward passage by the most economical class and most direct route for contract officer and accompanying spouse and four unmarried children below the age of 18 years, if any;
- h. Shipping of personal effects;
- i. Baggage allowance;
- j. Home to Office allowance;
- k. No personal income tax in Brunei Darussalam.
Completed application forms together with copies of academic certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of four referees should be sent to:
Registrar and Secretary
Institut Teknologi Brunei
Jalan Tungku Link
Gadong BE 1410
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further information and to download the application form, please visit our website at
http://www.itb.edu.bn. Please click CAREER@ITB.
Closing Date: Monday, 2nd February 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.