Launch your career in research and development with an industry-focused three year funded PhD.
- Do you want to develop your skills and experience to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career which uses your background in biological sciences, chemistry, communications, computing, engineering, environmental sciences, geography, mathematics, physics or related disciplines?
- Have you considered doing a PhD but thought that was just for people wanting to be academics?
- Are you interested in how new products, processes and services are developed?
- Do you want to be part of a large, strong graduate cohort underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
- Do you want your work to have significant environmental benefits?
- Do you want to work alongside the people in businesses doing your dream job whilst gaining a PhD?
- Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
If the answer is yes, apply now for one of a suite of industry-led funded PhD projects from the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, an international alliance supporting university-business collaboration. The Centre delivers high quality, business-led research to create eco-innovative technologies, products and services.
How to apply
To apply for one of the industry-funded PhD opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A CV (2 pages maximum)
- PhD Application Form
- Application Criteria Document
- Funded PhD Reference Form CGE PhD project application form
- Reference number: (shown on the PhD Advert)
Successful applicants could:
- Receive £15,000 tax-free per year
- Undertake a substantive collaborative project with a business with a base in the Northwest of England
- Have your postgraduate tuition fees paid for by your partner business, worth £4,195/year, (UK/EU graduates only, fees for Non EU/UK graduates are subsidised from £17,510/year to £13,315/year)
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D
- Develop new products, processes and services
- Be in an enviable position to develop a long-term well-paid career
- Gain a postgraduate qualification from a world-leading university
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas
Join the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation
These doctoral research projects are part of a group of industry-led funded research projects from the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, an international alliance supporting university-business collaboration. The Centre delivers high quality, business-led research to create eco-innovative technologies, products and services. At the heart of the Centre are people who are researching, developing and innovating to address global challenges, including energy, water, natural capital, resource efficiency, food, and waste, to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. Launched in 2012 the Centre and has won two national awards for its ground breaking approach to sustainable R&D and knowledge exchange.
These projects are part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Why Lancaster University?
Lancaster University is ranked among the top ten universities in the UK. We have invested over £450m into our campus in the last ten years, including our new Engineering building, the refurbishment of the Library, Physics and Chemistry facilities and a £20m sports centre and facilities, with a further £135m investment planned. We’re great for nurturing talent and links with industry; we’ve over 5000 successful partnerships with businesses. We’re global, with a huge number of research links around the world which provide exciting opportunities for our students, and we’re collegiate, providing you with a supportive student environment.