Assistant/Associate Professors of Journalism
Applicants must :
- Hold a PhD degree or equivalent within journalism or other relevant areas of research.
- Have documented scientific qualifications such in relation to one or more of the above mentioned subject areas.
- Have a command of Danish (or Swedish/Norwegian) that is sufficient to teach and supervise effortlessly in Danish, and to participate in administrative and collegial activities. Applicants, who do not master Danish at the present moment, will be expected to acquire a sufficient level within 2-3 years.
Exclusively for associate professors:
- Documented research and teaching qualifications corresponding to what can be achieved through satisfactory appointment as an assistant professor in relation to the above subject area(s).
Both assistant and associate professors are also required to be enterprising and to possess good interpersonal skills and to be a visible, active participant in the department’s daily activities, in addition to being willing to engage in disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration across the department. Practical work experience in Journalism will be an advantage but not a requirement.
Please indicate in you application whether you wish to apply for the position as Assistant Professor or the position as Associate Professor.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to;
- research topic,
- scientific production and research potential at an international level,
- the ability to promote and utilize research results,
- experience in teaching and education development and management,
- an all-round academic experience basis, preferably including international academic experience, e.g. from reviewing or editing academic papers or from organising research conferences or seminars,
- ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation,