Fulbright â University of South Florida PhD Scholar Award
The US-UK Fulbright Commission
|Funding for:||UK Students|
£13,662 converted salary* per annum
|Placed on:||12th September 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for its 2017-18 University of South Florida PhD Award
One award will be offered to a qualified British graduate student to pursue a PhD at the University of South Florida (USF) in any of the following disciplines only: Applied Anthropology; Applied Physics; Cell, Micro, and Molecular Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science and Engineering; Criminology; Integrative Biology; Marine Science; or Psychology.
USF is one of the largest public universities in the US. Located in Tampa Bay on the west coast of Florida it has a student body of nearly 48,000 and a high impact global research focus. This award is named in honour of Dr. Judy Genshaft, USF’s current President.
The Fulbright-University of South Florida PhD Award offers the following benefits:
- A grant of $18,000 for the first academic year, followed by a teaching/research assistantship of $18,000 per year for up to 3 additional years
- USF will waive tuition all tuition fees for a period of up to 4 years
- A number of memberships
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Applicants must be a UK citizen (resident anywhere) and hold or expect to obtain a minimum 2:1 honours undergraduate degree or the equivalent prior to their anticipated enrolment with a US university. Those who hold or who are eligible to hold US citizenship, or who are resident in the US at the time of application, may not apply for an Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
CLOSING DATE: 6 November 2016 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.
Share this PhD
Type / Role:
North, South & Central America