Associate Editor (maternity cover)
|Location:||Cambridge, San Francisco|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||26th August 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
PLOS is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization with a mission to accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication.
We are currently looking for a talented Associate Editor to join our team in our San Francisco, US or Cambridge, UK offices for a fixed period of up to eight months for a maternity cover.
As an integral member of the editorial team running an open-access international medical journal, the post-holder will be responsible for assessing research manuscripts, handling peer reviews, commissioning articles and contributing to other parts of the journal – as well as to PLOS as a whole.
- Handling a proportion of research manuscripts submitted to the journal
- Being involved with editorial writing, press releases, editors’ summaries and other related materials
- Participating in the daily running of the journal, including the Magazine section
- Being involved in the advocacy activities of PLOS Medicine and PLOS
Qualifications and Experience
For either position:
- MD or equivalent medical degree or PhD in a relevant biomedical field
- Post-graduate experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen eye for detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, and in response to firm deadlines
- A strong interest in scientific and medical publishing and open access
PLOS (founded as the Public Library of Science) is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization located in San Francisco, CA, USA and Cambridge, UK. PLOS makes scientific research openly available to everyone online, free of embargoes and other restrictions. Our journals accelerate discovery by implementing innovative approaches to the assessment, communication and reuse of research.
PLOS strives to recruit talented professionals from many backgrounds and disciplines who share a passion for our mission. We offer a dynamic startup culture and open, collaborative work environment together with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
If you’re passionate about making a difference in the dissemination of scientific research, explore PLOS for the next move in your career.
For more information about PLOS, visit www.plos.org
No phone calls or visits, please. Principals only – email from recruiters will be ignored
Share this job
South East England