Dean - Graduate School
|Placed on:||30th August 2016|
|Expires:||31st October 2016|
Saveetha University seeks to appoint a Dean – Graduate School at Saveetha University, Chennai, T.N, India.
The general duties of the Dean of Graduate School include the following:
A) Development and implementation of University and Faculty policy on postgraduate education.
- through membership of the University Graduate Studies Committee, acting through Education Committee, to lead the development of University policy on postgraduate education
- to contribute to the development of University policy in areas affecting postgraduate students, through membership of Education Committee and other University-level committees and working groups
- to approve the appointment of internal and external examiners for research degrees
- through membership of the Research Degrees Examination Board, to make academic decisions involved in the process of examination for higher degrees assessed mainly by dissertation
- to take the lead in the development of new programmes of postgraduate study
- to lead the implementation of policy on postgraduate education within the faculty and deal with associated correspondence and casework
B) Interaction with students and staff within the faculty
- to advise on postgraduate admission procedures
- to guide decisions relating to postgraduate student progress and take a leading role in monitoring postgraduate student progress at faculty level
- to provide academic and pastoral advice to postgraduate students referred by departments, and to deal with casework on issues involving postgraduate student progress, appeals, individual and group complaints and representations from groups of students about programmes and units
- to advise staff with postgraduate student advisory roles within the faculty
- to approve extensions and suspensions of study
- to oversee the updating of information provided by the faculty for current and prospective postgraduate students, including the faculty entry in the Postgraduate Prospectus
- to liaise with faculty quality assurance teams and support implementation of their recommendations relating to postgraduate education
C) Liaison within and between faculties
- to chair the Faculty Graduate Studies Committee, and the Faculty Examinations Board for postgraduate programmes
- to maintain an overview of skills development programmes within the faculty and be responsible for the spending of skills development funding allocated to the faculty
- to determine the appropriate route for postgraduate programme and unit approval
- to liaise with departments in order to encourage consistency in arrangements underpinning postgraduate education throughout the faculty
Education & Experience Requirements
- Phd. from any discipline related to Engineering, Technology, Health Science, Law & Management.
- Should have served as Senior Faculty for minimum of 10 yrs. in a reputed University.
Interested persons may send in their detailed C.V to:
The Registrar, Saveetha University, 162 Poonamallee High Road, Chennai – 600 077.
Phone: 91-44-6672 6677 – Extn. 1178.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East