UK College of Business & Computing
|Salary:||£38,000 to £42,000 dependent on experience|
|Placed on:||2nd September 2016|
|Expires:||2nd November 2016|
Reporting to: Director of Studies
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is a rapidly growing independent educational institution with 5 campuses in Greater London. UKCBC aims to provide the opportunity to further academic qualifications for those with passion for higher education. The institution is striving to create proactive working environment, develop their employees and support them on every step leading to career progression.
The Academic Manager is responsible for an effective and qualitative delivery of various programmes delivered in the assigned campus. The basic expectation of the role is a combination of academic leadership, teaching, internal verification, student support, as well as rendering academic support and mentorship to students at the assigned campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To report to the Director of Studies (DOS) on all academic issues pertaining to the campus.
- To oversee and support the day to day academic administration of the campus in coordination with the Campus Manager
- To ensure that all lecturers and students are punctual to their classes and report absences to Academic Support and Administrative departments at the main office.
- To coordinate for arranging cover teachers / cover the class where a lecturer is absent for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Undertake teaching responsibilities for various modules as allocated by the Programme Leaders / DOS.
- Contribution to curriculum planning, adherence to quality standards, development of teaching and learning processes at UKCBC through participation in various committee meetings and providing information and reports pertaining to the campus
- Provide overall coordination and leadership for an effective delivery of various modules and ensure high levels of student achievements and satisfaction.
- To act as the line manager for the lecturers working in the campus as per the timetable allocated for the campus and ensure their discipline and strict compliance to college policies, procedures and standards.
- To coordinate effective provision of academic support through tutors, professional development classes
- To ensure timely submission of term end assignments by all students pursuing various programmes at the campus
- To strengthen the delivery of teaching and learning, improve the reputation of the campus by scaling higher benchmarks of student completions, achievements and progression rates in respect of all students at the campus
- To ensure strict compliance with the regulations and standards prescribed by the awarding organisations (Pearson and others), QAA, HEFCE and other similar bodies
- To oversee the compliance to assessment and evaluation standards as the Internal Verifier for the modules assigned by the Director of Studies.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Post graduate degree in the relevant subject, preferably from an UK University, in a relevant discipline
- PhD in the relevant subject or working towards achieving it shortly
- Three years’ successful experience of teaching in this subject area (Part time teaching computed as half tenure per each year).
- Assessor and Internal Verifier qualifications as approved by Ofqual
- Successful track record of student management, enhancement initiatives and improving student retentions, progression and student satisfaction
- Experience of teaching in this subject area at reputed HE Institutions and Universities in the UK
- Experience as a Lead Internal Verifier of a HE programme, preferably with Pearson
- Membership of Professional bodies
- A strong passion to develop the students, campus, and brand the College
- A strong understanding of the career and progression avenues for the students and challenge the students and teachers to scale higher benchmarks
- Have keen observation and acumen for details
- Mentorship of teachers and students
- Patience, professional and good communication skills, result orientation
- Strategic thinking and results orientation
Share this job
Type / Role: