Programme Manager â Tax
BPP University Ltd
|Placed on:||5th September 2016|
|Closes:||5th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally, and through innovative online learning platforms.
Why work for BPP?
BPP exists to help people make the most of their talents – just ask the 10,000 students who study with us every year. We aim to have an equally positive impact on our employees' careers by providing the culture, career development opportunities and extra benefits to inspire you personally and professionally. We provide a comprehensive in-house leadership and management training programme and a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities.
As Programme Manager (Tax) you will be responsible for supporting the strategic and operational development of programmes within the Accountancy and Tax portfolio, focussing mainly on Taxation.
Some key responsibilities of the role are:
- Presenting up to 90 days a year for both public and in house courses, focussing mainly on Taxation, however the ideal candidate will also have the ability to teach other areas, e.g. financial awareness.
- Writing material for all courses delivered in the Tax portfolio. Proactively supporting freelance presenters with their content development also.
- Create a simple and effective range of PD short courses which are commercially optimised and delivered through a variety of mediums
- Development of product strategy to blend the programme with the overall product landscape of Accounting and Tax.
- Take an active role in the strategic development process including supporting the Director of Programmes and the Director of PD in the creation of appropriate budgets, forecasts and targets.
- Working with the Head of Online Strategic Delivery in the development of an online landscape for BPP.
- Single point of contact for queries related to the range of programmes, providing support to the Director of Programmes and any presenter resource employed in programme delivery.
- Working on the implementation of large client programmes, managing the overall project.
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of dates for programmes to be run and to ensure that presenters are sourced for delivery and presentation of programmes.
- Manage the academic content and pedagogy of modules/programmes within specialist area/product stream.
- To regularly monitor and review public course outlines and website content, make recommendation for improvements and co-ordinate their implementation.
- To manage a team of module leaders and freelance presenters.
- To undertake a teaching and/or origination load appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role, which is expected to be approximately 90 days.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will be a qualified tax accountant with an excellent technical understanding of tax alongside an understanding of Taxation in the PD field. They will be familiar with Corporation tax, Vat, international tax aspects and ideally personal tax also.
They should be commercially and educationally focused with leadership and coaching skills. They should have the ability to prioritise their own workload and the work of others, and have a proven track record of delivering on time and on budget. With excellent communication skills and high attention to detail, the successful candidate will be able to hit the ground running and make a success of this exciting opportunity.
For a full Job Description and details on how to apply, please click ‘Apply’:
Share this job
Type / Role: