London School of Business & Finance - LSBF
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||9th September 2016|
|Closes:||9th November 2016|
Role Type: Associate/Freelance
We are looking for an accomplished and qualified Personal Trainer to join our new vocational qualification setup, Aspire Skills Academy in Birmingham. This new venture has a responsibility of running various Level 3 programmes in health and fitness. We are interested in appointing a committed trainer to deliver our programmes in academic and practical capacity, both within the classroom and at our partnering fitness facilities.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Designing and delivering high quality teaching using contemporary learning and teaching methods and activities to engage with a diverse student population.
- Working with colleagues and management to suggest improvements on training and assessment materials.
- Managing own teaching activity including administrative and other teaching related activities such as marking etc.
- Ensuring electronic and virtual learning technologies are utilised to their fullest extent to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Ensuring students adhere to defined behavior management policies during lessons.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with students to encourage learning and achievement.
- Manage all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing the students on Level 3 Personal Trainer programme.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of you and other persons, and to comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in both the delivery of services and to staff.
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees in personal training, health and safety or a relevant discipline.
- Recognised Personal Training Qualification and/or a teaching qualification supported by extensive professional/teaching experience.
- Appropriate assessors qualification, such as TAQA/A1.
- Experience of working in higher or further education sector.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies leading to effective planning to raise standards.
- Proven track record of delivering health and fitness courses within the classroom and fitness centre environment.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise, manage time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with students appropriately in order to inspire and motivate then to achieve their potential.
Apply: Please send an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a member of the team to discuss further.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
LSBF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England