Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor / Full Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Shantou University - Department of Mechatronic Engineering
£13,500 to £45,000 converted salary* per annum depending on appointment level
|Placed on:||9th September 2016|
|Expires:||9th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Shantou University (STU), founded in 1981，is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education, the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Li Ka Shing Foundation. It is the only public university in the world that receives long-term funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The University campus is located in the northwestern part of Shantou, a seaside city, covering a total area of 1.26 square kilometers with a floor space of 435,200 m2. STU ranked global 601-800 in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings” in 2015.
The Department of Mechatronic Engineering (DME) at Shantou University is to nurture Mechatronic Engineers with high professional qualities, excellent engineering capabilities and a global perspective, and to lead in technological innovations through high-impact researches. DME has a Ministry of Education Key Laboratory for Advanced Manufacture, a high level energy research institute and a R&D technology transfer centre-Shantou institute for light industrial equipment research. With establishment of Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology(Preparatory) STU are developing comprehensive research collaborations with Technion. DME is now seeking highly motivated candidates who can provide inspiration and leadership in teaching and research in the areas of advanced design, virtual reality and argument reality, intelligent manufacturing, robotics and automation, and renewable energy, bioengineering, Nano-MEMS systems, and fluid machine.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Must possess a PhD degree in a discipline of mechanical or closely related fields from an internationally renowned university
- Must demonstrate capabilities in teaching, research and innovation in engineering
- Previous experiences in teaching and research with proven records are excellent assets
Compensation and Benefits:
- RMB 200,000-400,000 yearly salary for Full Professor, RMB 180,000 -250,000 yearly salary for Associate Professor, RMB 120,000 -200,000 yearly salary for Assistant Professor
- Provide health insurance with BUPA and accidental insurance with AIA
- Offer a point-to-point-round-trip air ticket each contract year
- Free accommodation
- Shoutou University term holiday, summer holiday runs from July to August and about 4 weeks winter holidays around Chinese New Year
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, if their spouses have no jobs, the University will offer each a subsidy of RMB 2,000 per month
How to apply:
- A softcopy of updated C.V in MS Word, PPT or PDF version.
- Supporting materials about academic achievements.
- Clearly state the specific position you apply for in your application email.
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East