Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Civil/Environmental Engineering
Shantou University - College of Engineering
£13,500 to £45,000 converted salary* per annum depending on appointment level
|Placed on:||9th September 2016|
|Expires:||9th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Shantou University (STU), founded in 1981, is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education, the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Li Ka Shing Foundation. It is the only public university in the world that receives long-term funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The University campus is located in the northwestern part of Shantou, a coastal city, covering a total area of 1.26 square kilometers with a floor space of 435,200 m2. STU ranked globally 601-800 in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings” in 2015.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Shantou University (STU) invites applications for multiple faculty positions in different areas, especially in Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Construction Materials, Engineering Management, and Environmental Engineering. The CEE department was established in 1985. By 2003, a comprehensive educational system had been formed that offers bachelor/master/doctoral degree in civil engineering. In 2014, the CEE department passed the Civil Engineering Programmatic Accreditation administered by the Chinese Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development (MoHURD). Currently, the department has 22 full-time faculty members with more than 300 undergraduate and 90 graduate students. The specific areas within the department include engineering mechanics, structural engineering, wind engineering, geotechnical engineering, pavement and bridge engineering, water resources and environmental engineering, construction engineering and management.
The positions are open to all academic levels. The successful candidates may also teach at the newly approved Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT, at the same location in Shantou, Guangdong Province, China).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have obtained a PhD degree in civil and environmental engineering or closely related area from an internationally renowned university
- Have relevant teaching and research experience
- Conduct full-time teaching and research in civil and environmental engineering at Shantou University.
- Attract external research funding, supervising undergraduate and graduate students’ research and innovation activities, publishing high-quality academic papers, and collaborating with national and international colleagues in other universities and agencies
- Any previous research project experience with track record will be an excellent bonus
Compensation and Benefits:
- RMB 200,000-400,000 yearly salary for Full Professor, RMB 180,000 -250,000 yearly salary for Associate Professor, RMB 120,000 -200,000 yearly salary for Lecturer
- Provide health insurance with BUPA and accidental insurance with AIA
- Offer a point-to-point round-trip air ticket each contract year
- Free accommodation
- Shantou University summer holiday runs from July to August and about 4-week winter holidays around Chinese New Year
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, if their spouses have no jobs, the University will offer each a subsidy of RMB 2,000 per month
How to apply:
- A cover letter indicating his/her area of expertise;
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A statement outlining teaching philosophy, experience, and goals;
- A statement outlining candidate's research interests and goals;
- Copies of candidate's 3 best scholarly products (e.g., journal papers and/or book chapters);
- The names and contact information of at least 3 references.
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East