Fulbright Cyber Security Scholar Awards 2017-18
The US-UK Fulbright Commission
£3,835.50 converted salary* monthly stipend
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||19th September 2016|
|Closes:||2nd November 2016|
Call for Applications
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for the 2017-18 Cyber Security Scholar Awards.
This award is designed to enable academic or professional experts in cyber security to conduct research, pursue professional development, and/or assess best practice at any US institution for a period of 3 to 6 months. Research outputs should produce benefits of significance to the larger cyber security community.
We look for strong research projects with evidence of academic excellence, demonstrable ambassadorial skills, ambition and leadership potential, and a desire to further the Fulbright Programme and give back to the UK upon return.
The Fulbright Cyber Security Award offers the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of $5,000 per month
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must be a UK citizen. This award is open to academics and appropriately qualified professionals with experience in a relevant area outside of academia. PhD (or other terminal degree) not required.
Those who hold US citizenship may not apply for a UK Scholar Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
CLOSING DATE: 6 November 2016 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.
Share this job
Type / Role: