Cover Supervisors x 4 (part time)
|Salary:||Â£8.48 per hour plus Â£1.44 per hour as holiday pay, dependent on qualifications and experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||19th September 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
Salary: £8.48 per hour plus £1.44 per hour with respect to holiday pay dependent upon experience and qualifications plus excellent benefits
We are currently seeking 4 more Cover Supervisors to supervise classes during the short-term absence of the assigned Lecturer.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supervising work that has been set by a Lecturer.
- Managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Responding to any questions from students about process and procedures.
- Discussing and debating texts with pupils and answering questions where appropriate.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the College's policies and procedures.
- Marking registers.
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and passing to the appropriate Lecturer or Curriculum Manager.
- Reporting, as appropriate using the College's agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
- Teaching grammar where appropriate.
- Working with the College and procedures to ensure the principles of equality and diversity are upheld.
You will need:
- Experience of working with students of the relevant age. Numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to NVQ Level 2 or GCSE Grade C in Maths and English.
- An understanding of the curriculum areas of the College.
- The ability to work with a minimum of supervision and within a team.
- To possess behaviour management skills and the ability to manage pupils in a classroom setting.
- Excellent ICT skills to support teaching and learning.
- To be highly adaptable as there is no a regular timetable but also have good weekly availability.
It is essential that you have previous cover experience in a school, Academy or FE environment (14 to adult provision).
In return we can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent career average pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
Recruitment for these roles will be on-going.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England