Senior Business Analyst
Kingston University - Information and Technology Services
|Salary:||£41,171 to £48,689 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||19th September 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
Our vision is for IT to be a valued business partner, providing innovative services to our students and staff as a Senior IT Project Manager you will provide direction, support and delivery of innovative solutions that will drive technology and services for the digital age. Responsible for shaping and defining high quality, cost effective, customer facing projects across the organisation. The Senior Business Analyst works as a trusted partner with key stakeholders across the University to understand our organisation, define business requirements, understand our operations and influence development of new & improved services.
This role is pivotal in enabling Kingston to leverage new and existing and digital technologies, providing long term benefits aligned to organisational strategy. You will act as a subject matter expert for business analysis across a range of business change and digital initiatives. Typically working on 2-4 projects of different sizes and complexity working with an extensive matrix team. As a senior member of the portfolio team you’ll set an example for others and provide occasional guidance and mentoring to others in the team.
You will bring to the role extensive, experience of relevant IT best practice and have:
- Extensive experience of business analysis in a complex fast-paced enterprise environment.
- An established toolkit of techniques to help the business articulate their vision, benefits and requirements (eg: functional specifications, use cases, business process modelling, data modelling, user stories).
- Worked in a range of different environments using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Analysed complex cross-functional business requirements and processes.
- Built strong relationships across complex stakeholder groups and organisations.
- Self-motivated, articulate individual able to collaboratively challenge and influence others.
- Able to quickly develop and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- High level, proven inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to act at a senior level internally and externally.
The Faculty / Department
You’re an enterprising, experienced, visionary leader who wants to work within a like-minded team. We are on an evolving journey driving the next phase of our extensive transformation. We’re delivering a large digital programme, using leading technologies to create a more connected campus with the customer at the heart of everything we do. This transformation will help Kingston University deliver great services improving the experience for all.
This is a fixed term contract 10 months.
Extensive benefits package including Strong work / life balance 35 days holidays plus bank holidays Competitive salary package circa £47k Desirable pension scheme Please check out our dedicated recruitment site for more information on why you should join Kingston University and how to apply http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/kingston-university.
Due to multiple roles being recruited this recruitment will be on going until 31st October and interviews being arranged on a weekly basis. For queries, please contact Amanda Glancy on 020 7259 8746 or Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kingston University is committed to equality and we value the diversity of our staff and students.
Share this job
Type / Role: