Lecturer in Education (PE & Health)
University of Stirling
|Salary:||£32,004 to £46,924|
|Placed on:||27th September 2016|
|Closes:||23rd October 2016|
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 23 October 2016.
Interviews will be held on Monday 14th November.
Grade 7 - £32, 004 - £38,183 p.a. or Grade 8 - £39,324 - £46,924 p.a.
The Faculty of Social Sciences seeks a Lecturer in Education with a specialism in Physical Education and Health. This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly-rated Initial Teacher Education (ITE) team and the successful applicant will work alongside faculty colleagues to deliver pre-service and in-service courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level within a research led academic environment. These will include professional education aspects of our ITE programme, as well as practical PE and generic educational studies modules.
The successful applicant will contribute to research, undergraduate and postgraduate professional teaching programmes, and Masters and doctoral supervision. S/he will have a professional background in and enhanced knowledge of teaching in relevant contexts, as well as a proven track record in teaching and learning. Proven ability to lead on curriculum development and work collaboratively with other practitioners and organisations is essential. The successful candidate will have a strong record of engagement in research and publication, and should also be fully registered as a teacher by the General Teaching Council for Scotland, or eligible for full registration.
Description of Duties
- Teaching Education courses
- Supervising Masters and research students
- Joint responsibility for the teaching and development of modules and programmes
- Supporting seconded staff in developing teaching
- Visiting schools to support students and staff
- Contributing to other programmes, as required, and possible within workload allocation
Research and knowledge exchange
- Being active in research and knowledge exchange
- Producing high quality research publications of international standing
- Bidding for research and development income from research councils, government departments, charities, etc.
- Participation in and development of national and international research collaborations
- Responsibility for module and programme leadership, administration and quality enhancement
- Liaising with relevant staff in relation to marketing, communication with and recruitment of students
- Developing external relations with schools, Local Authorities and other organisations
- Other duties as specified by the Dean of the Faculty
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs
Share this job
Type / Role: