Head of Creative Industries
City College Brighton and Hove
|Salary:||£40,410 to £44,145 per annum|
|Placed on:||29th September 2016|
|Closes:||28th October 2016|
Head of Creative Industries job with City College Brighton & Hove | 6324 | college.jobs.ac.uk
37 Hours per week (1 FTE)
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, forward thinking and experienced individual to provide clear academic leadership and management to the Visual, Digital and Performing Arts areas within the College. The Centre for Visual, Digital and Performing Arts was graded outstanding in the last college Ofsted Inspection and our courses have gained a high level of recognition with schools, colleges and HE institutions both locally and nationally. We provide outstanding Art and Design education and achieve exceptional success rates, high grades and student progression to first choice HE institutions throughout the country
This is an exciting and demanding role. You will lead and manage the area with responsibility for line managing a team of 3 Curriculum Leads and working closely with academic and technical staff. You will be responsible for timetabling and for the strategic planning and development of curriculum to facilitate entrepreneurship and growth that meets national, local and College agendas. You will develop an increasing number of external partnerships and further raise the profile of the area within the City and beyond. The Visual, Digital and Performing Arts courses are validated by UAL so knowledge and experience delivering the UAL qualifications is desirable.
Main purpose and responsibilities
- To embrace the college vision and mission and embody the college values.
- To recruit students with integrity ensuring an inclusive approach.
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment and manage student performance.
- To lead and manage 16-18 classroom based and Adult learning, Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Commercial and International programmes, in line with college strategy.
- To ensure continuous and measureable quality improvement for students and stakeholders.
- To lead and manage teams to provide an exceptional student experience; to ensure teaching, learning and assessment is a consistently high standard; to ensure students achieve success, progress and gain sustainable employment.
- To align, modernise and grow curriculum according to local and regional need.
- To liaise effectively and work in partnership with organisations and agencies including local authorities, schools, community and voluntary organisations.
- To be aware of, comply with all College policies and procedures at all times.
Share this job
South East England