Boston University Study Abroad London
|Placed on:||30th September 2016|
|Expires:||30th November 2016|
South Kensington, London
Boston University British Programmes is the largest of Boston University’s (BU) study-abroad programmes, providing the opportunity of study in London for 200 - 300 students from our US campus each semester.
The University requires an experienced librarian. The role is located in London, within the close-knit Academic Affairs team supporting the academic and student communities.
Responsibilities cover the range of librarianship duties, including:
- Managing a welcoming and well-catalogued library for BU students and Faculty.
- Managing a small team of library staff.
- Ensuring efficient operation of the library service.
- Providing research and guidance to students in their resource discovery.
- Maintaining the book acquisition policy and implementation.
- Liaising with Faculty on course materials requirements.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of various copyright licences and regulations.
- Sourcing and purchasing of library stock.
- Cataloguing and classifying library resources using AACR2/MARC21/LOC.
- Managing and maintaining the Library management system (Alma), OPAC (Primo) and VLE (Blackboard).
- Assisting the Academic Affairs and IT departments.
This small, recently refurbished library forms part of BU’s South Kensington headquarters. The post will suit an experienced and qualified librarian with some management experience.
The role demands:
- Experience in managing a library service, preferably within a higher education environment
- Relevant knowledge and experience of library management systems.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of learning technologies and managing a virtual learning environment.
- Classification (preferably LOC) and cataloguing experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with e-resources relevant to HE curricula.
- Experience in preparing and uploading files to the CLA DCS platform.
- Good basic IT skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- The ability to interact with a range of users, from students to Faculty and staff members, with a proactive outlook that is responsive and mature, and reflects effectiveness in customer service.
Candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 01280 848824. Your letter must explain concisely your suitability for the role in terms of the skills you could bring and the interest that you have in it.
Closing date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled, with interviews initially by telephone/Skype with selected applicants, and subsequently face-to-face in London SW7.
For more information about BU, please visit http://www.bu.edu/london/
Share this job
Type / Role: