PhD Studentship Bursary (3 years) in Accounting
University of Roehampton - Roehampton Business School London
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Placed on:||30th September 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an academic development programme where you will engage in PhD study full time and integrate into the life of the Roehampton Business School working with academic colleagues and undergraduate students.
The Bursary: Funding is available for UK/EU and International* students at Home/EU rates for three years full-time study. The Bursary includes tuition waiver for PhD at UK/EU fees and stipend at £16,057.
*(see end note)
Your research study will be supervised by leading international scholars:
Accounting: (Contact Professors Elaine Harris and Cristiano Busco)
- Accounting for strategic planning, decision-making and control: balancing financial and strategic business performance measures (this involves fieldwork where access to managers in organisations for case studies is an advantage)
Learning and Teaching Activities:
The full time bursary student will contribute to teaching and learning support activities. This will involve providing tutorial and pastoral guidance, and undertaking some lectures and seminars, fully supported by academic colleagues and a professional development programme in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
The University of Roehampton is the most research-intensive modern university in the UK, according to Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, the official national audit of research quality.
Further details about learning and teaching activities and the University’s research environment can be found here:
Eligibility and how to apply:
In order to be eligible, applicants should hold a first class or upper second class honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent international qualification) and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related subject.
The successful candidate should be available to start on 1st January 2017 or earlier.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1) A copy of your CV including copies of your academic qualifications.
- 2) Contact details of two academic referees.
- 3) A cover letter stating the reasons you are applying for this studentship and outlining your expertise and relevant skills. Please also address in two paragraphs maximum why you are interested in one of the specific research projects as advertised and which research methods you would use to conduct the research.
- 4) Completed Application Form for PhD Study (RDB1b) downloadable at http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Courses/Graduate-School/Application-Packs/
Initial discussions with Professors are planned for: w/c 14 November 2016.
Formal interviews will be held: w/c 5 December 2016.
*The recipients of this studentship will be covered for Home/EU fees, and recipients due to pay overseas fees will be required to pay the difference between Home/EU and overseas tuition fee rates. Further details of International Fees can be found here:
Share this PhD
Type / Role: