Health Psychology Specialist
|Salary:||Competitive - (dependent on experience)|
|Placed on:||3rd October 2016|
|Closes:||3rd December 2016|
Overview of Atlantis Healthcare - UK
Atlantis Healthcare is a unique and innovative company specialising in the development of evidenced based patient support programmes. We have launched over 80 successful programs for the world’s leading pharmaceutical, wellness companies and healthcare systems with offices in United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Spain and Germany. Professor John Weinman is the Head of Health Psychology in the UK and Europe and Professor Keith Petrie is a key consultant to the teams in New Zealand and Australia. We have created programs in many different therapy areas including CVD, diabetes, obesity, asthma, oncology, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and mental health. The programmes we create help people to manage their long term health conditions by facilitating adherence to treatment as well as initiating and maintaining lifestyle change. Our programmes are informed by the theories and models of behaviour change from health psychology research.
We are looking for a full-time Health Psychology Specialist to join our team of Health Psychology experts.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work within a commercial environment and to promote and deliver health psychology principles and interventions within a real-world setting.
Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Undertaking comprehensive literature reviews, needs analysis
- Intervention design and measurement of programme efficacy
- Designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Analysis and written presentation of research findings to inform programme design
- Keeping up to date with developments in the field of health psychology and other related disciplines
- Liaison with clients (including meeting attendance, presentations)
- Liaise with other regional offices and input to Group Clinical projects
- Ability to take a project management / lead role on programme development and delivery
- Management and supervision of assistant health psychology specialists
- Active input into the on-going development of the health psychology team
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and other professional groups (HCPs, clients, patients)
Requirements for the roles include the following:
- You will have a PhD or Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology (or an MSc with extensive experience in a healthcare / delivery setting would be considered)
- You will have a general interest in the practical application of psychological theory to find real-world solutions
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience of working within a commercial environment is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines is crucial
- Ability to travel (both within the UK and Internationally)
Current Location: (West London) Atlantis Healthcare Ltd, 2nd Floor, Building 5, Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YA.
How to apply: If you would like to apply please email/post your CV & covering letter to Priticka Patel; Priticka.email@example.com
Share this job
Type / Role: