Senior Web Developer
University of Dundee - Marketing and Communications
|Salary:||£31,076 to £38,183 per annum|
|Placed on:||5th October 2016|
|Closes:||27th October 2016|
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
The University of Dundee has just been voted the Scottish University of the Year for an unprecedented second time. This achievement is just the beginning of our transformational work as we aim to enhance our already strong reputation across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
The Web Services team seek a Senior Web Developer to join their experienced team of specialists in development, design, content, UX, and support. We are looking for an experienced PHP developer who has worked with a range of Content Management Systems. We require someone who is confident in their abilities, clear in their communication and very user-focused.
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a friendly environment that nurtures talent and promotes good ideas, then apply now.
- Assist with the management of our chosen Content Management Systems (currently Terminal 4, WordPress and Drupal)
- Develop functionality and services within our chosen CMSs to meet the needs of the web services team and wider University community
- Refactor and optimise existing legacy code bases.
- Ensure that all Web Development-specific systems, services and functionality are fully documented for users and the development team
- Help design and implement change management controls to mitigate any problems caused by changes.
- Help design and implement proper code management processes to control versioning and release of code.
- Help design and implement testing procedures to ensure deployed code is robust and secure.
- Help to develop and implement continuous integration processes and systems to ensure code is deployed in a managed and controlled fashion which gives us high confidence in a successful deployment.
- Work with junior developers on a daily basis, passing on your knowledge and helping to ensure that code is peer-tested and quality-controlled.
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary web team including specialists in content, design, UX and support.
- Work closely with other groups within Marketing, IT and the wider University community to ensure that problems are being solved, needs are being met and future needs are being anticipated.
- Continuously develop your knowledge based on industry best-practise and seek to continuously improve our processes based on them
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Web Development Manager.
Internal and External Relationships:
Work extensively with other members of the University web team, personnel in External Relations, IT and the wider University community.
Share this job
Type / Role: