Business and Communications Officer
University of Glasgow - School of Social & Political Sciences
|Salary:||£27,629 to £31,076 per annum.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||6th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
To support the ESRC-funded Urban Big Data Centre (ubdc.ac.uk) through stakeholder management, communications, outreach activities (including events), and office assistance. To provide tailored advice to colleagues to support the Centre’s communications and outreach activities. Report to the Senior Business Manager. Manage and communicate external queries and requests to the Centre Senior Management Team. Coordinate the production of promotional material required, ensuring consistent and effective communication of key messages. Responsible for the Centre’s website. Effectively promote Centre and its public programme and communicate the impact of its activities to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing communication with a variety of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Responsible for the Centre website and its further development, creating engaging web content focused on the Centre’s key audiences, including blog posts, new web functionality, or data visualisations.
- Lead marketing and promotional elements for the Centre’s activities including social media, press and promotion, organising events, webinars, workshops.
- Identify, monitor and review the effectiveness of marketing tools and techniques including evaluation of online activity to ensure most cost effective use of budgets, including making recommendations on areas for improvement.
- Advise Centre management on emerging media which helps communication with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Proactively maximise communication and web tools to ensure the Centre fully exploits new platforms, specifically: Hootsuite Social Media Management (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), Web Content Management (Umbraco or other CMS), Web Analytics (Google Analytics), MailChimp (or other HTML Email Provider), and Project/Event Management Software (Smartsheet, Google Drive, Eventbrite, etc.).
- Responsible for development and production of entire range of promotional materials for events and ongoing promotion to timescale and within budget.
- Build and maintain stakeholder contacts database.
- Liaise with external suppliers involved in marketing activities to ensure adherence to agreed deadlines and University branding guidelines.
- Lead with event organisation, and workshop and training session management.
- Provide back up support to Centre Administrator for the day to day administrative support for the Centre’s office ensuring effective systems are in place to meet project requirements.
- Manage initial data requests, including accepting, screening and communicating data requests to Centre Senior Management Team.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan - Inspiring People – Changing the World. http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/strategy/people/
Standard Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade, level 6.
This post is funded until 29 January 2019.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Share this job
Type / Role: