Chief of Behavioural Science and Head of Research
Be Applied Ltd
to £50,000 (plus potential equity)
||6th October 2016
||8th November 2016
Applied is a recruitment platform which uses behavioural science to help organisations do better, fairer recruitment. It does this by using the best evidence to identify and remove unconscious bias from hiring practices. Applied is a collaboration between the Behavioural Insights Team and Nesta and is in the process of seeking future investment.
As a web platform founded on behavioural science, empiricism is core to what we do. We're looking for someone to lead Applied's research arm. As a member of the founding team, the right candidate will also be responsible for contributing to and championing the company's vision. So in addition to having core understanding of the behavioural science you will also need to be commercially aware and able to represent the business in public and investor settings.
- Define the vision and oversee cutting edge, robust, behaviourally-designed experiments (including randomised controlled trials) that test new product features and validate the product's effectiveness in different field settings;
- Draw on expertise in the behavioural science literature to inform the design of the platform;
- Represent Applied and its programme in academic and commercial settings, including at large conferences, in the media, and with investors;
- Write engaging, audience-friendly blog posts and other marketing materials;
- Grow and strategically engage Applied's existing network of academic collaborators;
- Manage Applied's strategic partnership with the Behavioural Insights Team and the Applied Board;
- Oversee business administration; and
- Willingness to step up to support other members of the team as needed (for example, developing marketing plans, providing customer service, and conducting data analysis)
- Deep knowledge of the behavioural science literature (with a focus on organisational psychology) and experience applying behavioural science to practical problems using technology;
- Knowledge of the structure and key actors in the HR market, including of the direction of innovation in recruitment;
- Demonstrable experience in managing experimental research projects under pressure, including with large and complex clients;
- Understanding of the challenges and ability to harness the opportunities of working in small, growing teams;
- Ability to represent an organisation in research, public and commercial settings;
- Ability to convert research and product ideas into commercial propositions;
- Passion for working for a social purpose company focused on social mobility
How to apply: To apply candidates complete their application through Applied using this link - https://www.beapplied.com/apply/bDJWaYp9Q1
For any questions relating to the role please email email@example.com
You must complete all sections of the application process, including uploading your CV.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 8th November 2016.