Professor in Corporate Finance and/or Banking
University of Glasgow - Adam Smith Business School
|Placed on:||6th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
To provide academic leadership by conducting internationally- leading research, delivering research-led education, and contribute to School administration as required by the Head of the Adam Smith Business School and the Head of the Accounting and Finance subject group within the School. The post holder will also lead a research agenda in Corporate Finance and/or Banking.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and engage in research and publication that enhances the quality of the School’s international research profile, including conducting personal research of the highest quality and maintaining a consistent high level output of publications and presentations of world-class quality.
- Sustain internationally leading high quality research activity, seeking and securing funding for a portfolio of research projects through grant applications to external funding bodies, e.g. Research Councils.
- Encourage research students of high calibre to undertake doctoral research and to supervise them to completion.
- Supervise research projects undertaken by research staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students and ensure the effective development of the staff and students.
- Deliver a range of teaching and assessment activity at all levels within the School and subject area.
- Take a leading role in the design and delivery of postgraduate programmes and courses, including new research led teaching.
- Develop links with national and international organisations with a view to enhancing research and teaching in the School and in the subject group.
- Act in a senior role within the School and/or subject group in administrative and other activities as directed by the Head of School.
- Perform appropriate administrative duties within the School, College and University as may be reasonably requested by the Head of School and the Head of the Accounting and Finance subject group.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with University Strategy http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/strategy/people/
Standard Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The appointment will be subject to the whole powers and conditions of any Act of Parliament, Ordinances, and Law affecting the University. The appointment is a whole-time appointment, the Professor undertaking to accept paid outside work only with the prior consent of the University Court. This provision does not apply to examinerships and such other appointments as are incidental to the ordinary course of University business.
Salary will be within the professorial range and subject to negotiation.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities' Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding this scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of superannuation benefits.
All research and related activities, including grants, donations, clinical trials, contract research, consultancy and commercialisation are required to be managed through the University's relevant processes (e.g. contractual and financial), in accordance with the University Court's policies.
Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
Details of three referees should be included on the applicant information form – referees will be contacted for all short listed applicants.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 11 January 2017.
Vacancy reference: 013526.
Share this job
Type / Role: