Senior Lecturer/Reader in Corporate Finance and /or Banking
University of Glasgow - Adam Smith Business School
|Salary:||£49,772 to £55,998 per annum|
|Placed on:||6th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
To provide academic leadership in the field of Corporate Finance and/or Banking in Accounting and Finance by undertaking research of international excellence in line with the School/College research strategy, making a substantial contribution to teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and undertaking School, College and, where appropriate, University administrative responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and maintain a coherent research programme of work in the subject area and, where appropriate, to secure the funding required for specific projects.
- Maintain a track record of publications of international quality in leading peer reviewed journals to enhance the international profile of the subject area.
- Play a leading role in the planning, organisation, development and delivery of the curriculum and identify and develop, as appropriate, new teaching income opportunities such as Postgraduate training and Continued Professional Development.
- Participate fully in examination and other assessment processes, as appropriate, using a variety of methods and techniques and to provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning.
- Attend and participate in appropriate research seminars/conferences within the subject related area, including developing an external role in national and international societies or equivalent organisations.
- Supervise individual student projects at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels to ensure their effective development and assisting with difficulties e.g. learning support/problems.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the subject area’s reputation with key stakeholders including developing links with relevant national and international organisations with a view to enhancing research and teaching.
- Take on a substantial administrative or management role within the subject area as assigned by the Head of School/subject.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan - Inspiring People – Changing the World. http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/strategy/people/
Standard Terms & Conditions
The salary will be on the Research and Teaching Grade, level 9, £49,772 - £55,998 per annum.
This post is full time and open ended.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities' Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
All research and related activities, including grants, donations, clinical trials, contract research, consultancy and commercialisation are required to be managed through the University's relevant processes (e.g. contractual and financial), in accordance with the University Court's policies.
Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The University has been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 16 January 2017.
Vacancy reference: 014191.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
Share this job
Type / Role: