Senior Research Fellow in Participatory Practice
Coventry University - Centre for Agroecology, Water and Resilience
|Salary:||£48,336 to £60,306 per annum|
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
We seek an experienced and committed participatory researcher-practitioner to work as a part of People’s Knowledge, a newly established working group at CAWR.
Are you someone with experience of:
- community-engaged, participatory and qualitative research?
- convening participatory processes?
- contributing to high quality multi-media publications for academic and public audiences?
- fundraising for new projects?
- being part of international networks of participatory practitioners?
Could you bring:
- A vision for an independent research program that aligns with CAWR’s themes?
- Experience to enhance participatory practice and build the reputation of the Centre?
- Creative skills in participatory practice, such as participatory photography, video and theatre?
- The capacity to use and develop concepts, including those drawn from feminist political ecology, critical race theory and post-normal science?
This post offers an opportunity to join a dynamic, transdisciplinary team engaged in participatory action research. Our work aims to build trust with people whose knowledge is often excluded from research and dialogue with professional researchers. You will develop and implement participatory processes for food and water justice, decolonisation and community resilience. Your work will intersect with the wider challenges of responding to problems associated with climate change, growing inequality, conflict and mass migration.
To apply, please visit:
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England