Lecturer in Medical Science (Physics)
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - RCSI
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||7th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
Location: IT Tralee and 123 St Stephens Green
Reporting to: Head of Foundation Year Physics
Tenure: Maternity Leave Cover
The principal objective of this post is to participate in the development, direction, teaching, facilitation and examinations of Physics in the undergraduate teaching, in the International Medicine and Pharmacy Commencement Programmes (IMCP/IPCP)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to undergraduate teaching programmes of the International Medicine and Pharmacy Commencement Programmes (based in I.T. Tralee) and Foundation Year (RCSI Dublin) as required.
- Developing, monitoring and supporting the education programme within the Department of Physiology and Medical Physics
- Ensuring the application of well-established and tested education methods including reliability and validity in examinations and assessment approaches that are in accordance with RCSI and NUI policy and procedures.
- Supporting and monitoring student progress and maximising their learning environments as required.
- Participating in and developing research activities in the Department of Physiology and Medical Physics.
- Developing collaborative research initiatives in the context of the College’s strategic plan for research.
- Deputising for the Professor of Physiology and Medical Physics as required.
- Attending Board and Committee meetings as required.
- Participating in the administration and development of the Department.
- Ensuring that all Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Complying with statutory legislation and Department rules and requirements in furtherance of your own and general staff welfare and safety.
- Undergoing programmes of training and development as may be required from time to time.
- Representing the best interests of the Faculty/RCSI at all times.
- Undertaking overseas assignments as may be required.
- Performing such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Possession of a PhD or MSc in Physics or a related field.
Knowledge & Experience – (Essential):
- Experience of teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level in Physics.
- A strong record of achievements in education and research relative to the level of experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge & Experience (Desirable):
- A team player willing to show flexibility in relation to working commitments
Applications for this post must be made through the RCSI careers website. www.rcsi.ie/careers
Closing date for receipt of applications is October 30th at 11.30pm.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Republic of Ireland