Tutor/ University Teacher - Logic & Metaphysics
University of Glasgow - School of Humanities
|Salary:||£27,328 to £37,768 per annum.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th October 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
Tutor (Grade 6) / University Teacher (Grade 7)
To undertake high-quality teaching in philosophy and undertake administration as requested by the Head of Subject. The Subject has particular teaching needs in Metaphysics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities within subject area in accordance with established Philosophy Subject programme.
2. To supervise individual student projects and dissertations and assist with difficulties e.g. learning support/problems.
3. To contribute to the on-going development and design of the curriculum, in a manner that supports a research-led approach to student learning.
4. To engage in professional development as appropriate.
5. To participate fully in the assessment process (using a variety of methods and techniques) and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students that supports their learning.
6. To undertake subject/college level administration, e.g. advising, as requested and supported by the Head of Subject/School.
7. Identify student needs and problems within areas taught and contribute to the School/Subject’s strategy for enhancing the quality of teaching provision
8. To help develop new teaching approaches and contribute to curriculum development in a manner that supports a research-led approach to student learning
9.Other appropriate duties as assigned by Head of School/Subject
In addition, for appointment at Grade 7:
10. Contribute fully to developing and enhancing the research profile of the Subject/School.
11. To take responsibility for managing courses as agreed with Head of School/Subject
Standard Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the University’s Research and Teaching Grade, level 6/7, £27,328-£30,738 / £33,574 - £37,768 per annum.
This post is funded from 1 January 2017 until 30 June 2017.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
Further information is available at:http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/learningteaching/taughtcourses/postgraduatecertificateinacademicpractice/
Vacancy Reference: 014408.
Share this job
Type / Role: