Java VIVO Developer
University of Cambridge - University Information Services
|Salary:||£34,576 to £46,414|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th October 2016|
|Closes:||3rd November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance.
The University of Cambridge is one of the finest universities in the world and the University Information Services (UIS) provides world class IT services to the departments and colleges. The Build and Development division helps drive the success of the University by creating and supporting innovative solutions that enable the University to fulfil its mission of contributing to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
The Build and Development division are currently seeking an experienced Java and front-end developer to join our dynamic team. The successful applicant will be working on the development and support of the University's Research Administration Systems and the implementation of a Researcher Profile Portal based on the open source VIVO platform.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape a vital, high-profile systems, in a unique, stimulating and challenging environment for one of the best research focussed universities in the world.
The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting a number of Research Administration systems
- Delivering a world class VIVO based researcher profile site
- Integrating this site with other websites and the University search facility
- Ensuring and delivering the highest levels of user experience
And will have expertise in a number of the following
- Ample experience of core Java
- Experience of deploying, developing and configuring open source applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of relational databases, SQL, JPA, Hibernate or similar
- Proven ability to create user-centred web apps
- Integrating systems using, for example, web services and JMS
- Analysis, modelling and design of systems
- Keeping abreast with current technological trends
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/11636. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
It is intended interviews will be held week commencing Monday 7 November 2016.
Please quote reference VC10283 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England