Assistant Engineering Manager
Cambridge Assessment - Group Print & Operations (GPAO)
|Salary:||£30,300 to £34,100|
|Placed on:||11th October 2016|
|Closes:||23rd October 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
- A skilled engineering technician with experience in managing a team?
- An excellent fault finder, able to identify and resolve issues promptly and to a good standard?
- Passionate about engineering maintenance?
- Focused on the delivery of continuous improvement?
- A strong communicator, able to deal with all levels within an organisation?
- Experienced in the administration of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems?
Who we are:
Group Print & Operations (GPAO) print, collate and send millions of examination items securely to our customers around the world. When materials are returned to us, we process them and make them easy to access or store. We are a part of Cambridge University and support our clients to prepare 8 million school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning.
Our qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
- Europe's largest international examinations group and play a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment across the world.
- Our qualifications are delivered in over 170 countries and we are managing continued significant growth.
- With sites in Cambridge and the West Midlands, we have over 2,000 staff in the UK plus over 20,000 who work with us as associates worldwide.
What we’re looking for:
An electrically biased maintenance engineer, qualified to at least ONC/HNC or equivalent standard in an engineering or maintenance discipline along with either IOSH or NEBOSH certification in Health and Safety.
In this hands-on role you’ll be part of a highly skilled engineering team, responsible for the planning and delivery of planned preventive maintenance for the electro-mechanical equipment at our two distribution sites, Duxford and Papworth.
You’ll be an experienced leader able to support the Engineering Manager, managing a team of technicians and engineers in their absence.
In addition the successful applicant will:
- Lead by example on H&S
- Be responsible for the mentoring of engineering apprentices
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Use Root Cause Analysis to identify faults and implement improvements
- Act as a role model and identify opportunities for Lean and Business Improvement
- Work closely with the Operations teams to ensure new equipment and processes are implemented successfully
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd October 2016 and interviews will be held on 1st November 2016.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England