Academic and Experiential Education Administrator
Foundation for International Education
|Placed on:||12th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
The Foundation for International Education (FIE) is an international educational organisation working in partnership with universities and colleges in the US to provide immersive study abroad programs for undergraduate students in London, Dublin, and Amman.
FIE is seeking an enthusiastic and organised professional for a key administrative role supporting the Academic and Experiential Education Department.
Location: South Kensington, London, England
Preferred Start Date: ASAP or by January 2017
Job Summary: Ideal for talented individuals looking to start or continue a career in higher education or international education administration, this position will fulfil internship-related Tier 4 visa compliance, respond to office queries, and liaise with students, staff and employers to support delivery of FIE’s academic operations inside and outside of the classroom. The position reports to the Director of Experiential Education and works closely with all staff in the Academic and Experiential Education Department.
Required skills & qualifications
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent organisational and administration skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; able to engage effectively across different groups of stakeholders
- Confident and outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative
- Ability to prioritise a complex workload in a busy office
- A strong command of written and spoken English and a high-quality telephone manner
- A sense of humour
- Excellent IT skills with a knowledge of MS Office package and databases
Desired skills & experience
- Previous personal experience of having studied and/or worked abroad
- An understanding of the international education sector, and preferably with some knowledge of the US Higher Education system
- Experience working with international students
- Strength in presenting in front of large groups of people
Application Process: For more information on how to apply, and to see the full job description, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Based on the UKVI Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers, this position most closely matches a Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code 2010 skilled below NQF level 3. Therefore, it does not meet the current criteria for sponsorship of non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens under Tier 2 of the points-based system.
Application deadline: Sunday, 30th October, 2016
FIE promotes equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
Type / Role: