Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Marketing
University of Kent - Kent Business School
|Salary:||£32,958 to £55,998 per annum|
|Placed on:||12th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
Are you a dedicated scholar who is keen to make a strong contribution to teaching and research in Marketing?
Kent Business School are keen to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marketing to support the expansion at Medway. You will lead and contribute to the delivery of marketing modules on both our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Apart from a successful teaching record, you will have developed an original and productive research agenda, demonstrating the ability or clear potential to publish in internationally-ranked, peer-reviewed journals. Evidence of income generation, impactful research, scholarship, or corporate engagement is expected in the case of appointments at Senior Lecturer level.
We encourage applications from educators with experience in demand-driven curriculum development, technology-enabled learning, and/or executive education.
While the post is based at Medway, you may be expected to take up teaching and other responsibilities at the University’s other campuses and study centres. The School offers a supportive and collegial work environment as well as an attractive incentive package to include an excellent salary and research funding.
As Lecturer you will:
- Deliver and contribute to the design of high-quality, demand-driven and student-centred taught programmes.
- Engage in individual and collaborative research and scholarship leading to high-quality publications.
- Contribute fully to the School and University by participating in meetings, working groups, committees and other School and University activities.
In addition to the above, as Senior Lecturer you will:
- Provide academic leadership.
- Engage in internationally excellent and/or world-leading research and scholarship, leading Research, enterprise or consulting projects as well as other initiatives on behalf of the School.
- Support the management of the School, by taking on key roles and serve on School, Faculty or University working groups or committees, as required.
Kent Business School
Kent Business School (KBS) is one of the UK’s top 30 business schools and has the ambition to grow in both calibre and size. We are entrepreneurial and international in outlook and view ourselves as a research-intensive business school that produces rigorous and applicable knowledge. We are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future. The appointment of new and highly motivated staff has transformed the research culture within the School, attracting interest nationally and internationally.
Interviews are to be held: 12 December 2016.
Please click on the apply button below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact Caren Ward on email@example.com.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a summary document. Your summary should provide clear evidence and examples demonstrating where you meet the essential criteria for the post. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England