Researchers in Schools is a unique teacher training and development programme designed for PhD researchers
Researchers in Schools
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||13th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
Researchers in Schools offers PhD researchers a unique, fully salaried route into teaching tailored to their abilities, knowledge and experience.
Through a bespoke programme blending classroom teaching and research opportunities, you’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to higher education.
- Pursue a three-year training and professional development programme placing you directly into a school to develop your teaching practice on the job.
- Gain Qualified Teacher Status through a structured programme of observation and classroom teaching.
- Undertake our Research Leader in Education Award, a professional qualification recognising excellence in research practice within schools.
- Access to bespoke training, supporting you to develop strong leadership skills and work towards the programme’s mission.
- Receive one day per week off-timetable to pursue the programme’s wider aims:
- Deliver subject- and education-focused research and high-impact interventions in schools to boost attainment and promote university access.
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package with salary uplift for maths and physics teachers
- Dedicated time off-timetable to pursue the Researchers in Schools aims and maintain a research profile
- An honorary academic title from a research-intensive university
- Minimum 11 weeks’ paid holiday
For more information and to apply, visit www.researchersinschools.org
Share this job
Type / Role: