Shelving Co-ordinator, Stock Control
University of Kent - Information Services
|Salary:||£18,940 to £21,220 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||13th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
Are you a good team worker with excellent communications skills? Information Services are seeking a shelving Co-Ordinator to work under the Stock Control Team Leader and co-ordinate the day-to-day activity of the Stock Control Assistants in their tasks relating to the circulation and shelving of all Library materials.
This role is being offered on a full time basis until 16 June 2017.
As Shelving Co-ordinator you will:
- monitor, co-ordinate and participate in the shelving and shelf tidying of library stock;
- undertake daily checks of each of the main areas of shelving and the Reserve/Closed Store areas;
- record, analyse and act on statistics gathered in relation to the re-shelving of library stock;
- co-ordinate the shelving activities of Stock Control Assistants.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- experience of working in an IT, library or information environment;
- good IT skills specifically in Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn new systems;
- experience of co-ordinating the work of others and motivating them to deliver service goals.
Information Services is comprised of four sections: Customer Support, Library Collections and IT Development together directly support almost all areas of University activity, and the Planning and Administration section supports the work of the department.
Interviews are to be held on 15 November 2016.
Please press the apply button below to go to the university's website where you can view the full job description and also apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact Kim Kerr on email@example.com.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England