Health and Social Care Lecturer
London School of Science and Technology (LSST)
|Location:||Birmingham, London, Luton|
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000 Competitive based upon experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||14th October 2016|
|Closes:||14th December 2016|
London School of Science and Technology (LSST) was founded in 2003. It has since grown to become one of the leading Higher Education institutions of its kind in the private sector with campuses in London, Luton and Birmingham.
LSST are currently recruiting for full time and hourly paid qualified health & social care professionals to teach in Further/Higher Education in all campuses.
Experience of working in the healthcare sector and teaching Edexcel level 4&5, Foundation degrees and at BSc level is desirable.
Job Purpose: The Lecturers will be required to arrange a programme of classes in a way that meets the individual academic needs of learners and promotes equality of opportunity.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Management of the learning experience, for learners to understand the aims and objectives of the course as required by the College and validating body.
- Deliver academic curricula to students taking account of other inputs from the teaching team, using appropriate and varied teaching techniques to ensure high standards, retention and success.
- Preparation of the learning programme and appropriate materials in advance of sessions which reflect the need to keep the content interesting, stimulating and relevant.
- Liaison with other members, including attendance at Course Team Meetings and other meetings relating to the course, as appropriate.
- Assessment of the learners’ academic needs in order that the stated course aims and objectives are met. And taking class register
- Monitoring and assessment of the learners’ performance to encourage learners to achieve the set objectives and maximise retention, achievement and success rates.
- Setting and marking assignments and course work, including work to be undertaken outside the session time, its collection, marking outside the class meeting time and the return of such work to the learner within a reasonable period of time, as appropriate including good record keeping
- Maintain student welfare and discipline, providing guidance and counselling when required and in consultation with Additional Learner Support and Student Services.
- Completion of learner and course reports and other records as may be required by the Programme Leader, Principal and or Curriculum Manager.
- Supervision of ancillary staff, setting and marking of examination papers or other assessment processes.
- Responsibility students’ safety, ensuring equipment and environment are maintained in accordance with College Policy.
- Responsibility for the safe care and use of all College equipment supplied for the use of the classes. In the event of any damage or loss the lecturer shall at once report the same in writing to the Head of Department.
- Work flexibly and efficiently, to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- Relevant University Education in Health and Social Care.
- Recognised teaching qualification QTLS/PTLLS/DTLLS/Cert Ed..etc
- Appropriate English and Maths Qualifications
- Relevant teaching, industrial/ commercial work experience.
- Willingness to be based at any of the College’s campuses and to travel between them as required
How to apply
Applications for this post MUST include all of the following:
- Your CV
- A covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Share this job
Type / Role: