Payments Office Senior Accounts Clerk
University of Kent - Finance Division
|Salary:||£21,843 to £24,565 per annum.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
The Finance department are seeking a Senior Accounts Clerk. Reporting to the Payments Office Supervisor, you will be responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliations alongside other duties related to the purchase ledger function. These duties include preparing weekly BACS runs, maintaining supplier master file records and posting transactions into the Agresso finance system.
Your duties will also include responsibility for preparing scholarship payment runs, together with supervising the accounts clerks in the Payments Office when the Payments Office Supervisor is on leave etc.
As Payments Office, Senior Accounts Clerk you will:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the University’s main bank accounts (General, Payments and Hospitality). This includes identifying reconciling items, correcting and posting transactions into the Agresso finance system.
- Post foreign currency payment transactions processed via the Western Union Business Systems GlobalPay foreign web payment system into Agresso.
- Upload and posting of credit and debit card transactions totalling £49m pa processed via Worldpay to respective account codes together with the associated commission charges.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- completed or be currently studying for the AAT qualification (or equivalent);
- GCSEs including English and Maths at Grade C or equivalent;
- recent experience of using a computerised finance system to input transactions and extract reports.
The Finance Department aims to provide - in a cost efficient, professional and timely manner - services that allow the University to meet its statutory financial obligations and internal financial management objectives.
Its main focus is to provide the University as a whole (represented by its Governing Body, Council) and individuals holding budget responsibility with financial services and advice. This includes the payment of bills and salaries and collection of monies owed to the University.
The Department is also required to ensure that the University operates its affairs within the various external financial and tax regulations and ensure that the University’s financial records satisfy external audit.
The Department is located principally in the Registry Building on the University of Kent Canterbury campus, with additional offices in Darwin College, and has approximately 80 members of staff. It is organised into sections that deal with one or more of the core functions.
There is a study assistance policy in operation, offering both a financial contribution towards, and time allowance for exams taken.
The Payments Office is located in Darwin College and is responsible for the payment of all non-payroll related expenditure relating to University Schools and Departments (approximately £80m pa).
The Office provides:
- prompt and accurate recording of expenditure by Schools and Departments;
- payment of invoices in accordance with agreed payment terms ensuring that supplies to the University are uninterrupted;
- payment of expense claims ensuring that they adhere to the University's Employee Personal Expenditure Policy;
- preparation of bank reconciliations for University bank accounts.
Interviews are to be held on 08 December 2016.
Please press the apply button below to go to the university's website where you can view the full job description and also apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact Leigh Binder on email@example.com.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England