Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships 2017
University of Nottingham
|Salary:||£28,982 to £46,414 Grade 4/5|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th October 2016|
|Closes:||4th November 2016|
Closing Dates: Expressions of Interest: 1700 on 4th November 2016 to Host School
Full applications: 1700 on 20th January 2017
Applications are invited to the University of Nottingham’s prestigious internal fellowship schemes: the Anne McLaren Fellowships and the Nottingham Research Fellowships.
The Anne McLaren Fellowships are targeted at exceptional female scientists and engineers who are typically under-represented in these subjects, and wish to establish a research career in the UK.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships are targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers in most academic disciplines represented at the University.
The Fellowships are funded by the University of Nottingham’s Research Board and provide a recognised first step into an independent research career. Fellowships will usually commence in October 2017.
Each fellowship offers:
- Three years independent funding, starting October 2017, to conduct research while based at the University of Nottingham.
- Salary set on the Research and Teaching Staff Scales grade 4 or 5 (£28,982 and £46,414) depending on experience. The salary may progress annually, subject to performance.
- The linking of the Fellowship to an established academic post, subject to performance against a high quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK.
- The opportunity to apply for additional funding for research costs, up to £25,000 per annum.
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum where appropriate.
- The opportunity to spend periods of time at University of Nottingham Campuses in China and Malaysia.
- Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme.
Place of Tenure: The University of Nottingham
Length of Tenure: Three years guaranteed. Academic years 2017/18; 2018/19; 2019/20.
Subjects covered: Nottingham Research Fellowship – all participating schools;
Anne McLaren Fellowship - academic disciplines in the Faculties of Science, Engineering and Medicine, plus the Geosciences research theme in the School of Geography.
Eligibility: Candidates must have been awarded their PhD. They must have had no more than eight years full-time postdoctoral experience from the date of award of the PhD.
Further information: For further information and details of how to apply, please see: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/researchwithus/fellowships/internally-funded.aspx
Permission to work in the UK
Please note that applicants for this post will be considered on an equal basis, subject to the relevant permission to work in the UK as defined by the requirements set out by UK Visas & Immigration. Please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration for more information.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England