Lecturer in Marketing
The University of Sydney - Discipline of Marketing, University of Sydney Business School
£73,171.80 to £86,930.60 converted salary* which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super.
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||9th November 2016|
Reference no. 1673/1016
- The opportunity to contribute to marketing education and research within the University of Sydney Business School and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Academic Level B
- Full-time, continuing, remuneration package: $117K-$139K (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super). A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicant
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. It is situated in a new $180m state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance its ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
Our Discipline of Marketing is highly regarded and collegial. As the successful applicant you will join a dynamic group teaching in a large course work program for both undergraduates and postgraduates. Current research and teaching covers consumer behaviour, market research, marketing strategy, services marketing, marketing communications, brand management, digital marketing and CRM, and we have a very active and well supported research program. There is also a healthy and productive honours program and a sound PhD program. The Discipline of Marketing offers a specialised ‘post - experience’ Master of Marketing Program which is in its 6th year and very well regarded.
In this position you will:
- teach marketing units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development in marketing
- make a contribution to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
- co-supervise research higher degree students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration.
To be successful you will need:
- a PhD in Marketing or a related field
- experience providing high-quality teaching in marketing including contributing to course administration
- skills for curriculum development in marketing
- the ability to supervise marketing students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- a high-quality, relevant current research agenda with international peer reviewed publications and excellent future research potential
- good team work and interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to the collegial life of the marketing discipline
- the willingness to contribute to the Business School’s service and promotional activities, eg, student information days.
There are also desirable criteria for appointment.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing Date: 11:30pm 9 November 2016 (Sydney time)
Share this job
Type / Role: