Information and Data Officer
The National Foundation for Educational Research - Bids Team
|Salary:||£29,157 to £32,816 pa, depending upon qualifications and experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||3rd November 2016|
Full time (Slough based); temporary position, until February 2018 with potential for extension
Salary in the range: £29,157- £32,816pa, depending upon qualifications and experience
Do you …
- have excellent organisation and time management skills?
- have an eye for detail and pride in producing accurate, high-quality work?
- enjoy working as part of a busy and friendly team?
- have confidence to use your own judgment across tasks?
- like searching for and managing information?
- relish processing and investigating data often using your advanced excel skills?
- have strong written and verbal communication skills?
- want to see how an organisation brings in business and help to shape how it grows?
We have a vacancy for an Information and Data Officer to work in the Bids Team in the Research Department at NFER. NFER is the UK's largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education. We aim to improve education and learning, and enhance the lives of learners, by providing independent evidence.
The Bid Team supports and manages all tender activity for the organisation, which incorporates a wide range of processes including searching and assessing Invitations to Tender (“ITTs”), leading decision-making processes as well as analysing bids data.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- searching for contracts that NFER would want to bid for in a systematic way
- managing information systems to ensure that contract opportunities and bids are recorded and monitored
- providing management information and preparing bids datasets for analysis
- searching online for intelligence about our clients and competitors, which will inform our bids
- managing a mailbox and responding to internal and external queries about bids on a daily basis.
- supporting the team in ensuring that bid procedures and processes are followed.
Whilst it would be desirable, please note candidates do not need to have experience of procurement / bidding or research for this role.
Closing date: 3rd November 2016 Interviews: w/c 7th November 2016
NFER is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community, and a registered Charity (No. 313392)
Applicants for this post should note that this role comes under the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’. Further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England