Lecturer in Accounting
University of Glasgow - Adam Smith Business School
|Salary:||£33,943 to £48,327 per annum (grade 7 or 8).|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
To provide academic leadership and contribute to the development in the field of Accounting by means of:
- Undertaking research of international excellence in line with the School/College’s research strategy.
- Engaging in the full range of research-related activities.
- Playing a leading role in advancing School and University research activities.
- Making a substantial contribution to teaching both at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Provide academic leadership at School, College and University level as appropriate.
- Undertaking Subject, School, College and, where appropriate, University administrative responsibilities.
- Applicants should have established expertise in their field and be able to deliver, or substantially contribute to, courses in Accounting.
Standard Terms & Conditions
The salary will be on the Research and Teaching Grade, level 7, £33,943 - £38,183/ level 8, £41,709 - £48,327 per annum.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities' Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
All research and related activities, including grants, donations, clinical trials, contract research, consultancy and commercialisation are required to be managed through the University's relevant processes (e.g. contractual and financial), in accordance with the University Court's policies.
Relocation assistance will be provided where appropriate.
The successful applicant of this post will be enrolled onto the University’s Early Career Development Programme (ECDP). This will provide for you as an early career academic staff member to be developed and supported over a specified timeframe to facilitate the advancement of your academic career.
Information on the programme can be found on our website at:
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
Interviews will be held on 15 December 2016.
Vacancy reference: 014858.
The University has recently been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Share this job
Type / Role: