University of Cambridge - University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
|Salary:||£34,576 to £46,414|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||4th November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Maternity cover: This post is fixed-term until 29 September 2017 or the return of the post holder, whichever is the earlier.
This exciting role, at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), provides an opportunity to join the Graduate Programmes team, which runs CISL's suite of Master's-level programmes designed to build the capacity of professionals to bring about positive change for sustainability within their organisations. We currently offer four graduate-level programmes: a Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership, a Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Business, a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Business and a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains. We plan to extend this portfolio by adding an additional Masters programme.
Our Graduate Programmes team offers a suite of part-time Master's-level programmes designed to build the capacity of professionals to bring about positive change for sustainability within their organisations. We currently offer three graduate-level programmes: a Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership, a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Business and a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains. We plan to extend this portfolio by adding a Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Business and potentially an additional Master's programme.
Assigned to this team, your role will be to support senior colleagues with the design and development of our Graduate Programmes, thereby enabling the expansion of the portfolio. You will take the lead in managing one or two programmes in the expanded portfolio, while also contributing to the others.
Besides being committed to the values that underpin CISL's work, applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- A thorough understanding of the broad landscape of sustainability issues, trends and pressures, and their relevance to leadership and business.
- Qualification to at least a Master's level in a relevant field.
- Excellent relationship-management skills and a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships with participants, delivery partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organisational skills including experience of financial planning, and developing and maintaining budgets.
- The ability to manage, mentor and motivate more junior team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
One or more of the following attributes will be desirable:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Expertise relating to sustainable finance and investment or sustainability in supply chains.
- Familiarity with the role of business in responding to sustainability challenges in developing or emerging economies.
- Experience of course design and/or event management.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit:
http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/11512. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Nicola Wright, Head of HR & Business Services on email@example.com.
Please quote reference EN10166 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England