Lecturer for HND in Hospitality Management
London School of Science and Technology (LSST)
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||18th December 2016|
|Job Ref:||LSST/Lecturer HND Hospitality Management /102016|
Location: Alperton, Wembley & Luton
London School of Science and Technology (LSST) was founded in 2003. It has since grown to become one of the leading Higher Education institutions of its kind in the private sector with campuses in London, Luton and Birmingham.
Our current academic courses are delivered at Levels 3 to 6, particularly in the fields of Business, IT and Computing and Hospitality Management. Our professional qualifications include the Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership at level 7; Accredited Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing; and Institute of Management and Leadership (ILM) courses at levels 2, 3, 4 and 5.
The School is now seeking to expand further and we are now seeking to recruit a full time or hourly paid Lecturer for HND Hospitality Management.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate creative and innovative teaching and learning to students.
- Contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and department.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To teach at undergraduate and graduate level in liaison with the relevant programme and course coordinators
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work, course booklets and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing knowledge and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
- To contribute to departmental, faculty, or working groups or committees as requested.
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- To actively engage in and support the internal verification process
- The post-holder shall assist in the coordination or recruitment, enrolment and induction of students
- To engage in the Quality Assurance process, and demonstrate an understanding of the regulations associated with the awarding bodies.
- To actively follow and promote LSST policies, including Equal Opportunities.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
- Masters/PhD or equivalent research-profile in a related field
- Membership of a relevant professional organization
- A teaching qualification is mandatory along with mandatory evidence of relevant tutoring experience (ideally, UK/EU students)
- Breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in your subject
- Experience of curriculum development preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students
- Willingness to contribute to the administrative work of the College
- Ability and commitment to work as a member of a team
How to apply: Applications for this post MUST include all of the following:
- Your CV
- A covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Share this job
Type / Role: