Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Biotechnology
University of New South Wales - School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS)
£61,847.47 to £86,182.03 converted salary* pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
The University of New South Wales (Australia) is a member of the Group of Eight (GO8) coalition of Australian research intensive universities and consistently ranks globally in the top 100 for all key metrics including grant success, publications and teaching quality. We have been active in biotechnology research and teaching since the early 1960’s and currently have combined track (research and teaching) opportunities to join the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) in the Faculty of Science located at the Kensington campus in Sydney. The research of our 34 academic staff in BABS fall within four key strengths: molecular medicine; infectious disease; systems and cellular biology; or environmental biotechnology. The School’s four teaching majors are biotechnology, microbiology, molecular cell biology and genetics.
About the role
- Academic level: Lecturer – Senior Lecturer (depending on experience)
- Lecturer Salary: $98,546 - $116,171 pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Senior Lecturer Salary: $119,693 - $137,320 pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointment
We are seeking to recruit a first class scholar in the field of biotechnology to undertake world class research within the School and deliver high quality education into our Biotechnology program. Applicants with expertise in translational science, synthetic biology, environmental biotechnology, medical biotechnology are encouraged to apply. Previous collaboration or employment in industry and success in ARC Linkage grants will be highly valued.
In addition, BABS hosts the Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics, which has facilities for next generation sequencing, and the Systems Biology Initiative, which is supported by high-performance computing facilities, including national supercomputers. Our researchers also have access to modern proteomics and metabolomics facilities at the UNSW Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility and the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre which provide state-of-the-art facilities and services for animal studies; in vivo and ex vivo preclinical imaging; flow cytometry; biochemical, biophysical and chemical analyses; and electron microscopy. Current new building and renovation initiatives will see all BABS research efforts and laboratory classes taking place in new facilities by the end of 2017.
For more information about the School, please visit: www.babs.unsw.edu.au/
About the successful applicant
We are seeking individuals who have a quality track record in fundamental and/or translational science who have the vision, experience and capability to excel in an academic leadership role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have an outstanding research record in biotechnology.
- be actively carrying out research in your specialist field and publishing in influential and high-impact scholarly journals and/or generating patents.
- have proven success in attracting funding from competitive granting bodies and/or industry.
- have a demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative research within their research discipline and potentially with industry partners.
- have an excellent record in teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- have an interest in developing teaching within the Biotechnology program.
- contribute actively to the teaching programs of the School and to the development of blended learning resources.
How to apply
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Any enquiries contact:
Associate Professor Mark Tanaka
T: (61 2) 9385 2038
Applications close: Sunday 13 November 2016 (AEST)
Share this job
Type / Role: