Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Medical Genomics
University of New South Wales - School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS)
£61,847.47 to £86,182.03 converted salary* pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, is seeking to recruit world class scholars with outstanding and recognised research records in Medical Genomics.
Our School, located at the Kensington campus in Sydney, is part of the Faculty of Science. We have an international reputation in biotechnology, molecular and cellular biology, and microbiology. Particular areas of research strength within these fields include proteomics and genomics, gene regulation, metabolism, environmental microbiology and infectious diseases. We currently have combined track (research and teaching) opportunities to join the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) in the Faculty of Science located at the Kensington campus in Sydney. The positions available form part of a strategic initiative in Systems-level Biology and Genomics in the School. BABS hosts the Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics, which has world class facilities for sequencing and is arguably Australia’s premier facility for research genomics. BABS is also home to the Systems Biology Initiative, which is supported by high-performance computing facilities, including national supercomputers. Our researchers also have access to outstanding proteomics and metabolomics facilities at the UNSW Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility and the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre which provide state-of-the-art facilities and services for animal studies; in vivo and ex vivo preclinical imaging; flow cytometry; biochemical, biophysical and chemical analyses; and electron microscopy.
For more information about the School, please visit: www.babs.unsw.edu.au/
About UNSW Australia
- UNSW Australia is a research-intensive university ranked in the world’s top 50 (QS 2016)
- Strong regional and global engagement improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society
- The top university in the state of New South Wales in the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia
About the role
- Academic level: Lecturer – Senior Lecturer (depending on experience)
- Lecturer Salary: $98,546 - $116,171 pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Senior Lecturer Salary: $119,693 - $137,320 pa plus (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointment
We are seeking individuals who have a high quality track record in fundamental and/or translational science who have the vision, experience and capability to excel in an academic leadership role.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- have an outstanding research record in Medical Genomics.
- show leadership in your specialist field and publish in influential, high-impact journals.
- have a strong track record in attracting funding from competitive granting bodies and/or industry.
- have a demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative research within your research discipline, potentially including translational or industry partners.
- have an excellent record in teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- have an interest in developing teaching in Bioinformatics/Systems Biology or Medical Genomics.
- contribute actively to the teaching programs of the School and to the development of blended learning resources.
How to apply
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Any enquiries contact:
Associate Professor Mark Tanaka
T: (61 2) 9385 2038
Applications close: Sunday 13 November 2016 (AEST)
Share this job
Type / Role: