Head of School - Bradford School of Art
Bradford College - Arts, Crafts and Design
|Salary:||£40,000 to £45,000|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||14th November 2016|
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, forward thinking and experienced individual to provide clear academic leadership and management of Bradford School of Art.
Bradford School of Art is a traditional Art School in every sense. It has been one of the most successful places to study Art over the last 100 years. It has a very strong reputation and a long history of providing outstanding creative education. The environment is welcoming and enabling in terms of creative learning.
This is an exciting and demanding role. You will lead and manage the Higher Education within the School with responsibility for line managing a team of and working closely with academic and technical staff. You will be responsible for timetabling and for the strategic planning and development of curriculum to facilitate entrepreneurship and growth that meets national, local and regional agendas. You will develop an increasing number of external partnerships and further raise the profile of Bradford School of Art in the city, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Main purpose and responsibilities
- To recruit students with integrity ensuring an inclusive approach.
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment and manage student and staff performance.
- To lead and manage Higher Education full cost Saturday clubs, Commercial and International programmes, in line with Faculty strategy.
- To ensure continuous and measureable quality improvement for students and stakeholders.
- To lead and manage teams to provide an exceptional student experience; to ensure teaching, learning and assessment is a consistently high standard; to ensure students achieve success, progress and gain sustainable employment.
- To align, modernise and grow curriculum according to local and regional need.
- To liaise effectively and work in partnership with organisations and agencies including local authorities, schools, community and voluntary organisations.
A check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interested? To download a job description and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job reference number to obtain an application pack. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Share this job
Type / Role: