Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Executive Dean), Business & Law
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th November 2016|
Coventry University is a dynamic, global and transformational ‘Modern University’. With a proud tradition as a provider of innovative teaching and learning and a focus on impactful research, the University has established a robust reputation for pushing the boundaries of higher education regionally, nationally and across the world.
In recent years Coventry’s student satisfaction levels and teaching quality have been rated amongst the best in the UK, which in turn has led to impressive rises in every major university league table. In 2015 we were the Times Higher Education “University of the Year” and were awarded “Modern University of the Year” for the third year running. We also received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise - achievements that we are extremely proud of.
As part of the next step in the University Group’s evolution, we are recruiting world-leading expertise to enhance our rising position among higher education providers and are now looking for dynamic leadership. Therefore, we have engaged Witt/Kieffer Centric to assist us in our search for Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Executive Dean), Business and Law with strategic leadership and management responsibility Group-wide and globally, as part of the University Leadership Team.
The successful applicant must have;
- PhD or equivalent
- A personal academic standing that commands the respect of colleagues
- A record of leadership and commitment to excellence and an understanding of the HE environment in the UK and international target markets
- An understanding and appreciation of the academic disciplines and professional practice in the Faculty of Business and Law
- Demonstrably successful experience of strategic planning and execution of a significant scale and leading strategic projects and people, and an ability to deliver results
- Demonstrably successful management and administrative ability and experience at a senior level in a large complex organisation, including the management of change, innovation, people management/leadership, physical and ICT resources, large budgets and business plans, risks, marketing and communications as well as quality assurance processes.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the expectations, please contact Ann-Maree Chadwick
To apply please visit:
Closing date: 30th November 2016
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England