KTP - Project Engineer (Acoustic Tomography)
University of Bath - Electronic & Electrical Engineering
|Salary:||£25,000 to £28,500 (Competitive Package)|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||20th November 2016|
Salary: Salary £25,000 to £28,500 p/a depending on qualifications and experience plus a £4,000 personal training and development budget
Fixed term contract for 21 months
Placed On: Friday 14 October 2016
Interview Date: Thursday 08 December 2016
The Job is based in Bradworthy, Devon
This important and challenging 21 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is between Seiche Ltd and the Departments of Electronic and Electrical Engineering and Physics at the University of Bath. It will develop the first high frequency acoustic tomography based cetacean identification system capable of automatically detecting animals at risk of being affected by seismic survey airgun impulses.
The role is full-time and will be based in Seiche Ltd premises at Bradworthy, a very small rural village in Devon, with no public transport so own transport will be required. Throughout the project the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
With its expertise in passive acoustic monitoring and sound and vibration engineering, Seiche Ltd undertakes a wide range of underwater sound measurement tasks including wildlife impact studies and equipment evaluation. Seiche Ltd is at the forefront in providing cetacean monitoring to avoid harm to cetaceans during oil, gas and associated geological industry operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other appropriate subject.
- Possess a strong software or mathematics background with previous industrial or research project experience in inverse problems and/or image/signal processing and/or a background in electromagnetism/acoustics.
- Need the ability to rapidly fill knowledge gaps and have the confidence to quickly assess the most promising solutions. In Year 1, they will work in close collaboration with another KTP Associate, already in place, who will assist in the forward-problem part of the project.
- Have the ability and desire to lead and undertake commercial technical development within the Company.
- Show a proven experience of programming skills in a high-level language such as Matlab or C.
- Demonstrate they have, or could rapidly acquire the ability to undertake the software development of 3D/4D image reconstruction and acoustic inversion algorithms.
- Demonstrate they have, or could rapidly acquire, the data interpretation skills to validate the complex scattering models and use Associate 1’s output data.
Kick start your career with a KTP – become a business leader of the future KTP Associate – the benefits
- Accelerate your career
- Gain valuable experience and marketable, highly transferable skills
- Take early responsibility for a high profile project
- Receive mentoring from the company and an experienced academic team
- Opportunity to gain a professional qualification
- Receive practical and formal management training and development
- Enjoy an excellent chance of a permanent post with the company
Further information about KTPs and the advantages of being a KTP Associate can be found at ktp.innovateuk.org
Interviews will be held at the Company premises in Devon, on 8th December 2016
If you have questions about this role email: email@example.com
Share this job
Type / Role:
South West England